Metalworking is an industry where engineering plastics PLASTMASS HMWPE, UHMWPE, PLASTMASS and polyurethane elastomer PLASTMASS PU are indispensable in application!
Advantages of using materials from Plastmass Group
• The sliding characteristics of PLASTMASS are superior to bronze. Low coefficient of friction and high antifriction properties significantly increase the service life of the unit.
• PLASTMASS can work without lubrication. A failure in the lubrication system does not lead to an emergency and scratches.
• Noise reduction of sliding units, shock and vibration resistance. PLASTMASS does not require running-in due to its increased elasticity. High positioning accuracy and smooth movement at low feeds.
• Work in polluted conditions, high abrasion resistance. It is not subject to corrosion. Higher chemical resistance compared to bronze.
• The wide size range of PLASTMASS allows you to bring the workpiece closer to the final dimensions, which means to reduce the cost and time for unnecessary processing of the material.
• Dimensional stability: the coefficient of moisture absorption is up to 0.3% (caprolon has up to 2%, while mechanical properties are reduced by half). Under load, it is not cold-flowing.
• Frost resistance: temperatures up to -100°C.
• Stability of properties during long-term operation.
Plastmass Group materials
• PLASTMASS HMWPE | UHMWPE – ultra-high molecular weight/ high molecular weight polyethylene of a very high degree of polymerization with the addition of special additives.
• PLASTMASS PU polyurethane elastomer based on MDI with hardness from 55 to 90 Shore A units.
• PLASTMASS – antifriction wear-resistant polymers. The main purpose of PLASTMASS antifriction materials is to solve the problems of wear of parts in friction/sliding assemblies and mechanisms, replacing standard materials such as bronze, polyamide (caprolon), fluoroplast, textolite, polyacetal (POM-C), cast iron, metallofluoroplast tape and other materials in equipment and machines. Designed for the manufacture of wear-resistant parts: sliding bearings, bushings, inserts, rollers, running nuts, worm wheels, etc.
• PLASTMASS PP — extruded PP-C sheets with high chemical resistance, hardness, as well as high impact resistance, especially in the low temperature range.
• PLASTMASS POM C — compound based on polyacetal (polyoxymethylene, POM-C (copolymer)).